BSL Used Here BSL Used Here

Do you rent out a property in Wales?


Landlords and agents are now required by law to be registered or licenced. A new law - The Housing (Wales) Act 2014 - has been introduced in Wales which applies to all landlords and agents of private residential property. If you own, rent out, manage and/or live in a rented property then this law will impact on you.

Stuart Millington, Senior Fire Safety Manager, said: "If you are a landlord and you rent your property out in Wales you now need to register. This is a new law which came to force in November 2015 and you might not be aware of it yet."

"This has been introduced to improve the living and safety standards of the private rental sector and North Wales Fire and Rescue Service is supporting this new legislation as it will assist to improve safety in rented accommodation in Wales.

"Landlords can find out more information about the new requirements in theCode of Practice for Landlords and Agents licensed under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014."

Are you a landlord?

If the answer is YES to all the following questions you will need to register as a landlord:

Do you own a residential property that you don't live in?

Do you let someone else live in it?

Do you receive money for them living there?

Registration is quick and easy. It can be done online at  or by phoning 03000133344 to request a paper form.

Do you manage a rental property?

If the answer is YES to any of the following questions you will need to apply for a licence:

Are you a landlord who self-manages your property?

Are you an agent who lets and manages properties on behalf of landlords?

Are you a friend, family member or associate of a landlord who looks after their property for them?

You can apply for a licence online at or you can phone 03000133344.

For further details please go to

Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram

Thank you for your email address

We will shortly provide you with the appropriate information.


Thank you for your request